Wireless and battery-less food probe for inner temperature measurement during cooking and freezing processes
All the benefits of continuous inner food temperature monitoring are now achievable without cumbersome cables linking the probe to the equipment, and without having to care about a battery in the utensil.
Thanks to SAW technology, SENSeOR’s wireless and battery-less food probe eases the traceability required during food processing (HACCP), improves the comfort of use for the Chefs and the food quality, and enhances the processes performance and energy efficiency. Continuous monitoring also becomes possible in rotating ovens, pass-through/tunnel ovens and along the production line on moving carriers.
Unique innovative food probe
- Wireless, battery-less, featuring infinite autonomy
- Maintenance-free, long-term stable
- No battery management needed
- Easy-to-clean, robust to detergents, dishwasher compatible
- Operates in harsh environments: high/low temperatures, liquids, humidity, salty atmosphere etc.
- Operates on rotating and mobile equipment (mixers, drums, roasting spits, rotary baking ovens, tunnel ovens etc.)
Customized sensors are available to cover specific requirements (IP level, measurement range, required sanitary norms, accuracy etc.).
Easy-to-use, modular monitoring platform
- User-programmable critical control points (CCP) and alarm set-up (adjustable thresholds and notification parameters)
- Equipment (oven, blast chiller etc.) control with respect to defined rules (recipes, cycles)
- Autonomous system or modular interfaces with existing control system, OEM version of acquisition unit available for equipment integration
- Local display and SD card data storage
Quick ROI and high-value
Real-time, continuous monitoring of the food “heart” temperature during processing brings many benefits:
- Process optimization through adjustment of programmed length and temperature
- Improved energy efficiency, reduced consumption and related costs savings
- Enhanced food safety (traceability, no bacteria due to under cooking etc.)
- Better food quality (no over- or under-cooking, automated yet very precise recipes)
- Increased throughput (less waste and optimized equipment capacity use)
You get rid of the cumbersome, expensive and often not reliable high-temperature cables
You get “wireless” but without the need of managing batteries and their short life-cycle at cooking temperatures, and at temperatures where they are not effective (very low and high temperatures)
Several types of wireless battery-less temperature sensors are available and can be integrated into the monitoring platform like the food probe.
SAW sensors can bring high value thanks to continuous monitoring and process control in many industries (see Industry section), and specifically in Food and Beverage Industry, they enable real-time temperature control at the heart of the processes and at the “heart” of the food.
Examples: food temperature monitoring along tunnel ovens, in rotating bakery ovens, on moving carriers etc.
Wireless battery-less food probe
Chefs and food and beverage industry operators are already used to take inner food temperature during cooking with the optional wired probes available in professional ovens for instance.
Yet, they know the cable is cumbersome and often is cut, and it’s sometimes not easy to place the probe, wash it after use, and it’s of course not applicable in rotating equipment.
Wireless food probes do exist, but chefs know that they are often “gadgets”, anyway not suitable for in-oven monitoring for instance, because of the limitations induced by the battery.
SENSeOR’s wireless, battery-less food probe overcomes these drawbacks and makes easier and more comfortable the use of the probe in all processes, giving access to the benefits of continuous monitoring, at low-cost and with low effort.
Examples: shock-freezing process optimization, bratt pan cooking control, oil fryers monitoring etc.